Birth Injury Lawyers in New York
When doctors perform Cesarean section deliveries (or C-sections), they have the lives of both the baby and the mother in their hands. If a doctor, nurse, or other medical professional does not adhere to all of the appropriate medical protocols and procedures, the baby and / or mother can become seriously injured or even die.
If you believe that the C-section injuries of you and / or your child was the result of a medical professional’s negligence, you can take action with the help of our New York birth injury attorneys at Pegalis Law Group. We can help you work to prove the medical malpractice that occurred and hold the negligent party liable for the injuries.
Here are a few examples of acts of medical malpractice that can result in C-section birth injuries:
- Performing a C-section too early or too late
- Failing to notice or respond to fetal distress before, during, or after the C-section
- Performing the C-section incorrectly (causing injuries such as oxygen deprivation, broken bones, lacerations or bruises, etc.)
- Making anesthesia errors
- Excessive blood loss in the mother
- Failing to properly sterilize surgical tools
When you or your child has suffered a C-section injury, you may be entitled to financial compensation from the responsible party. Contact our law firm today at (516) 684-2900 to schedule your free consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 45 Years of Experience
- Rated a Best Law Firm by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers ®
- Free No Obligation Consultations
- Personalized Attention for Each Unique Case
- $Millions Obtained in Verdicts and Settlements