Types of Birth Injuries
If you are looking for an experienced and professional New York birth injury attorney, you have come to the right place. At Pegalis Law Group, we truly care about the outcome of your case and ensuring that justice is served. There are a many reasons that birth injuries can occur, but when they are a result of a healthcare professional’s negligence, you have the right to file a medical malpractice claim. We intend to help you secure financial compensation for the injuries that your child suffered while simultaneously holding all medical providers in your case accountable for their negligence.
The types of birth injury cases we handle include the following:
- Cerebral palsy: Lack of oxygen and other complications during the birthing process can result in cerebral palsy. This is a condition which seriously limits the child’s muscle control, muscle coordination, balance, and more.
- C-section injuries: Did a doctor or other medical professional make a mistake during your C-section, therefore causing your and / or your child harm? If so, we can help you file a medical malpractice claim.
- Stillbirth: If you lost your child through a stillbirth that was caused by medical negligence, we can help you hold the responsible party accountable.
- Premature birth injuries : In some cases, negligent medical treatment can cause and or allow premature delivery that results in serious birth related injuries. We can help you seek rightful compensation.
- Oxygen deficiency: There are a variety of events that can lead to a condition called oxygen deficiency, which can lead to serious brain injuries. These can include birth trauma, delay in doing a C-section, allowing a pregnancy to go past the due date, just to name a few.
- Erb’s palsy : A brachial plexus injury during birth can result in Erb’s palsy. This is a condition that stunts growth and causes weakness in the baby’s shoulder / arm region.
Call a New York birth injury attorney.
For more than 40 years, we have helped families and individuals with birth injuries across New York obtain successful verdicts and settlements. If you have any questions about your rights in filing a birth injury claim, we are happy to help answer them. To discuss your case in a free consultation, reach out to one of our experienced attorneys. Contact our firm now at (516) 684-2900.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 45 Years of Experience
- Rated a Best Law Firm by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers ®
- Free No Obligation Consultations
- Personalized Attention for Each Unique Case
- $Millions Obtained in Verdicts and Settlements